Sunday, February 13, 2011

Bonnie & Allen Olson Testimonial 2/13/11

Sent via email-

Vacation at Aspen Resort – June, 2010

Let me start off by saying it rained almost every day we were there last year!! Didn’t stop us, however – we still fished and fished and fished and fished!!! We took a try at a puzzle that was a 2 sided gem and it was terrible – did’t get it done (no where near done). In fact, we exchanged it for a different one that we did complete before we left.

Anyway, our story is – We have been coming to Aspen for a couple of years now. It is me, my husband, my in-laws, my son and his friend. We stayed in the Blue Herron last year and it was a delightful cabin. One evening - it was about 11:30 – my in-laws had gone to bed earlier and my husband had just turned in for the night. I was working on a puzzle at the kitchen table and my son and his friend were in the living room area watching a movie. I heard a noise out on the deck of the cabin and wondered if there was someone on the deck. I didn’t give it too much attention until I heard the noise again and this time my son and his friend jumped up to look out the window on the door. My son quickly shouted out “It’s a bear”!! My husband got out of bed and came out to look and I jumped up from the puzzle to look and we saw the back side of the bear as he went down the stairs of the deck after trying to get into our garbage can. He proceeded to the side of the deck and put his paw (quite large!) through the rails of the deck railing trying again to get to the garbage. After no success in getting the can to the desired position to get it open, he started to leave and that is when my husband went outside. I was a little nervous about going out there when there was a bear around, but by the time we went out onto the deck, he was at the back of the cabin. He just turned around and looked at us and then went on his merry way. We tried to get a picture, but it was dark and he was black – needless to say, the picture didn’t turn out!!!

We called to make our reservation for this year and asked about the bear. Ray said that they haven’t seen it any more since his visit to the Blue Herron that night. It was definitely something that I will never forget.

Bonnie Olson

No comments:

Post a Comment